The beauty of china

As I get ready for a few upcoming tea events I have been checking out my china plates, cups and saucers. Each one is so lovely and though each one is different they all feel wonderful to touch. I have been polishing silver and matching up cups and saucers. This is often necessary as each event I end up losing one or two pieces. Many of these broken pieces are through no fault of anyone but simply the age and the delicate nature of some. I have had tea cups break upon pouring hot tea into them. Many are due to my own fault such as the shelf of holiday tea pots I knocked down last season. It is a little like losing an old friend when this happens. I have many special ones that do not travel and even some that are only to look at, but I love them all.
It is fun to see the many different designs.

No comments: